Squirrels are known for destroying bird feeders and gardens and even scavenging through animal food, but would you ever imagine that one squirrel could cause $300,000 in damage? That is what the owners of the new McMillen Community Center, Indiana, U.S.A. claim happened. The center was supposed to open on June 7 of this year, but now faces setbacks due to the damage. The squirrel tried to make its home in the electric system of the center and chewed up many of the wires, causing a power surge that damaged the HVAC systems and damaged some parts of the boiler system. Unfortunately, the squirrel did not survive the incident and was found dead in the electrical system. It was likely electrocuted during the incident. Luckily, the McMillen park’s insurance will cover most of the damage. The park will still need to pay the deductible fee which is around $50,000. The park officials have also called the HVAC team that built the system to have it reinstalled and repaired.
Disclaimer: The information provided within this publication / eBook/ content is for general informational purposes only. While we try to keep the information up-to-date and correct, there are no representations or warranties, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the information, products, services, or related graphics contained in this publication / eBook/ content for any purpose. Any use of this information is at your own risk.